£18,000 After Tax
If your salary is £18,000, then after tax and national insurance you will be left with £16,262. This means that after tax you will take home £1,355 every month, or £313 per week, £62.60 per day, and your hourly rate will be £8.65 if you're working 40 hours/week.
Monthly tax: £91
Monthly NI: £54
£18,000 After Tax Explained
This is a break-down of how your after tax take-home pay is calculated on your £18,000 yearly income.
If you earn £18,000 in a year, you will take home £16,262, leaving you with a net income of £1,355 every month.
Now let's see more details about how we've gotten this monthly take-home sum of £1,355 after extracting your tax and NI from your yearly £18,000 earnings.
You will pay a total of £1,086 in tax per year, or £91 per month.
- You'll pay no tax on the first £12,570 that you're earning.
- This is your yearly personal allowance.
- This will give you £1,048 per month of tax free earnings.
- You will pay £1,086 tax
at the basic tax rate of 20%.
- £5,430 of your earnings qualify to be taxed at 20%.
- You will pay £0 tax at the higher tax rate of 40%.
- £0 of your earnings qualify to be taxed at 40%.
- You will pay £0 tax at the additional tax rate of 45%.
- £0 of your earnings qualify to be taxed at 45%.
Your National Insurance
Apart from tax, you'll also need to pay National Insurance on your £18,000 income.
You will pay a total of £652 in National Insurance.
- You'll pay no National Insurance on the first £12,569 that you're earning.
- This is your yearly National Insurance threshold.
- This will give you £1047 of earnings per month that will not be liable for National Insurance.
- You'll pay £652 in National Insurance at the 12% rate.
- £5,431 of your earnings qualify for the 12% rate NI.
- You'll pay £0 in National Insurance at the 2% rate.
- £0 of your earnings qualify for the 2% rate NI.
Your Hourly Rate
If you're working full-time, 40 hours a week, then your hourly rate will be £8.65.
If you need to adjust your £18,000 income, or add Student Loan, Pension Contributions, or select other options available, please scroll up and change these values in our main calculator, then click the "Calculate" button.